The Repair Cafe is back! However Coronavirus has not gone away and there are new variants of Covid 19 in circulation that may be much more vaccine-resistant than the previous strains. Because of this, we at Repair Sheffield have been working hard to put systems in place to enable us to resume our Repair Cafes while making them as covid-safe as possible. If you want to attend one of our events you will need to follow these extra rules to help protect everyone. Our requirements may go above and beyone the advice given by both the UK Government and our hosting venues. Before you travel to a Repair Cafe please check you are in compliance with advice from all of the above. Our requirements are set out below and will be strictly enforced. These extra covid-safe restrictions will remain in place until further notice from us and are in addition to our usual terms and conditions.
COVID 19 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
WHEN VISITING A REPAIR CAFE EVENT
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you have been in contact with anyone within the last 14 days who you think may have been infected with covid 19.
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you yourself or anyone you have been in contact with have received a positive Covid 19 test result in the last 14 days, even if that person shows no symptoms.
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you or anyone you have been in contact with have returned to the UK mainland from ANYWHERE else within the last 14 days. This applies to everyone entering the UK, including tourits, business people, airline workers and ship’s crew.
- Please DO NOT ATTEND if you or anyone you have been in contact with have been inside an airport or sea terminal in the last 14 days. This is irrespective of whether you were travelling through the terminal or working there.
- Please DO NOT ATTEND or send items with other people if you are self-isolating.
- 2m Social distancing will be strictly enforced at all times. You will be required to stay 2 metres (aprox 6ft) apart from anyone else at all times. The 2m rule will apply both inside and outside and will be irrespective of whether or not you are wearing a face covering.
- When bringing at item to us, please clean and disinfect it if possible, then seal it in a plastic bag at least 72 hours before you bring it to us. This is because the virus can last on a surface for up to 72 hours, so sealing it up 72 hours in advance should help to keep it uncontaminated. A plastic bin liner is ideal for wrapping most items. Please note we will have to destroy this outer wrapping when opening your item, so remember to enclose a second clean wrapping if you would like it re-wrapped.
- To limit the number of people attending and aid social distancing, please attend the Repair Cafe alone wherever possible. Please do not bring children to the Repair Cafe.
- We will be operating a ‘drop & go’ policy, where you bring your items to us, check them in, then come back to collect them later. We will give you an aproximate time the repair should be completed when you drop an item off.
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to take part in the repair of your items yourself at this time. However our Fixers will be happy to explain the repairs to you when you collect your item.
- You will not be able to remain at the Repair Cafe while your item is fixed. If other areas of our host venue are open to visitors (e.g. animal viewing areas, the garden centre or cafe at Heeley City Farm) you may be able to look around those while your repair is carried out.
- You will be required to provide your contact details, including a mobile phone number. This is to help NHS Track & Trace. Alternatively you will be able to check in by scanning a barcode using the Government’s Covid 19 app. We will still need a phone number in case our fixers need to contact you to ask questions during the repair process. No personal data will be retained longer than 3 weeks unless you have agreed to this by asking to be signed up to our mailing list.
We would ask that anyone attending our events takes a home Covid 19 test before they set off. These tests are quick and simple to take and give a result in just 30 minutes. The test kits are free of charge and you can collect them locally or order them online. Find out where to get test kits locally here https://maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/ or order a test online here https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. Everyone is advised to take two tests per week, even if they have no symptoms as a third of all Covid 19 cases do not present any symptoms but are still highly contageous.